Both my guitar AND bass guitar course have simultaneously gotten into learning about chords and songs "in the key of" and it'd been a while since I'd tried to record anything, so I did some noodling! Pretty happy with it, I used my bass amp plugged into the audio interface along with Two Notes' "Wall of Sound" plugin, and for the guitar I plugged straight into the audio interface and gave Two Notes' new "Genome" plugin a bit of a go. Clean for the rhythm guitar and an edge-of-breakup one for the lead.
(My timing is definitely getting better, but I still used Logic Pro's quantisation function to pull everything FULLY into time instead of constantly recording it over and over until I got it right. 😛)
Granted I was already mostly done when I took that last photo and it mostly just required tweaking and mixing, but I present to you the finished product! Very happy with how this came out, and I'm even happier with the fact that Logic Pro's quantise functionality also works on audio files to get them into time as well. 😅
I called this "Alchemy" mostly because the genesis of it was me playing around on my MIDI keyboard with the "Alchemy" plugin when I discovered that female choir preset. I also played around more with getting the reverb right, added compression for the first time (I'd never really played around with that before), and made very good use of the new "Mastering Assistant" feature that came with latest Logic Pro update, it really made a hell of a difference in how good the final mix sounded.
I recorded another thing! It's a slower, swing kind of thing, with the guitar just plugged directly into the audio interface rather than going through my full amp+pedal board setup because I couldn't be bothered getting it out. 😛
I'm aware I cocked up in a couple of places, and this is after I rejiggered a couple of parts of the drums because I realised I was starting the fill in the middle of a bar, oops.