There we go, the first half of my Breachers are done and fully varnished! I'm such a fan of that Nihilakh Oxide paint for the verdigris effect on the armour, it looks SO good.
I've got another seven miniatures to go (a full squad is only twelve miniatures but I'm going to be painting all three gunner variants so I can swap them out depending on the mission) and I'm going to ATTEMPT to get them all batched painted in the one go. Usually my limit is five, so this might end up being split up into two lots, but it'd be good to get them smashed out.
I finished the test miniature for my colour scheme for the Navis Breachers tonight, pretty happy with how it looks!
I used that "Nihilakh Oxide" Technical paint for the first time and I love how it makes the armour look all old and worn. I painted the gun straight up Black Legion plus highlights but I think I'll go back to my standard Leadbelcher + coat of something (Nuln Oil or Basilicanum Grey) because it looks far too clean compared to the rest of the miniature now I've applied the Nikilakh Oxide.
I needed a bit of a palette cleanser (pun not entirely unintended) after painting 32 of the 60 miniatures in the Warhammer Quest: Cursed City box, so I decided to finally assemble and start painting the Navis Breachers from the Kill Team Into The Dark box! (Actually that's not entirely true as it's not JUST the Breachers from the ITD box: I bought a second set of Breachers from one of the people at work who'd bought, uh, one of the boxes that came with two sets of Breachers in it and he didn't need the second set, so I'm able to field a full team without needing to use the C.A.T Unit and the Gheistskull.)
The miniatures are temporarily superglued onto the wooden dowels for painting rather than going directly onto their bases immediately because I'm using the very cool-looking "Void War" set of pages that Games Workshop sells instead and need to be able to paint them separately to be able to do the bases justice. The plan is to do a wash over them after what you see here and then a few layers of drybrushing, which I can't do if the miniatures are already glued onto the bases.