First night of a planned fortnightly #KillTeam gaming session at @[email protected]'s tonight! There were four of us, one hadn't played before so I played the introductory game with him, sans Tac Ops and equipment. He was playing the Adeptus Mechanicus Hunter Clade, versus my revolting Death Guard. We got part-way through the final turn but called it because I was up 7-4 and he wasn't going to be able to come back from that.
He really enjoyed it though, and I'm keen to start playing more regularly so I can actually properly remember the rules (and also learn how my Corsair Voidscarred play, because the miniatures are SO GOOD but I don't feel like I have a good handle on them yet).
Post-work Kill Team in the office again! This time we went back to the Compendium teams, Death Guard versus Adeptus Sororitas with a fireteam of Sisters Repentia. I lost 15-11, but almost entirely due to forgetting about my damn TacOps. 🙄 It likely would have been at least a draw had I remembered them, if not an outright win.
That being said, player of the match definitely goes to my leader who faced down this entire corridor of Sisters and ended up killing ALL of them. He was down to 1 wound left in the very last turn, and was let down by some extremely poor rolling on my part and ended up getting killed contesting an objective.
In news that will shock nobody, the only reason I was in the office today was for after-work Kill Team. 😛 Sadly didn't win this time, it was obvious how it was going to turn out by the end of the third round so we called it.
Tonight's game of Kill Team went very differently from the first one a few weeks ago! I ended up absolutely thrashing the friend I was playing against, 8 victory points to 3, and we didn't end up playing the fourth turn because he was down to one single unit at the end of the third.
Though he kindly pointed out after the game that my deployment was very bad and he held back a bit from just totally destroying my troops on the first turn so it wouldn't be a lopsided game. 😅
We actually finished the game! 😮 I lost, partially because we weren't playing with the extra bits to allow for more victory points to simplify things, but also because there was so much to keep track of I kept forgetting about various abilities. Still, keen for the next game!
We played another (partial) game of Kill Team tonight! And for the first time EVER, everything was fully painted. 😮 We only got a turn and a half in thanks to us taking a while to set everything up, but we're definitely getting the hang of it.
I was playing Death Guard, and they have a rule called "Disgustingly Resilient" where if they would lose a wound, you roll a D6 and on a roll of 5+ the wound is not lost. It doesn't matter how many wounds, just ANY wound. One of them was attacked and was going to be dealt 9 wounds (out of a total of 12), but my Disguisingly Resilient roll was amazing and I was able to reduce it down to 4. 😂
Finished the last three members of my Death Guard squad for Kill Team! I'm really happy with how these came out, I tried some new techniques (much less dry brushing and more building up in thin layers, particularly in the daemon faces in the armour), and I used my airbrush to varnish them rather than having to wait for the weather to cooperate to use the spray can.
We FINALLY got a game of the new Kill Team in! We played without tac-ops or equipment just to streamline things a bit, and only got two out of the four turns done, but it was really good, can't wait to play more.
And done, that's now one of every available operative type and weapon! Really happy with how the plague spewer guy came out. The guy with the meltagun was tricky as well because I had to hack the bolter he was carrying carefully around the tentacle so I could re-use it for the gun.
With the new edition of Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team coming out and all the changes to squad composition (generally speaking you can only have a single type of special weapon in each squad), I'm doing some converting of my as-yet-unpainted miniatures!
Most of them I could just break the glue apart on the arm joints, but for the guy in the middle, his arms were one single piece connected to half the torso, so I had to hack through the whole arm at the shoulder.